The College was started with 52 students and eight staff members in a private building. The founder President was late Sri Nallapati Venkatramaiah Chowdary, the first speaker of Andhra Pradesh. The secretary & Correspondent and the Principal wax Sri T.Venkateswara Rao. In 1977 Dr.M.Sivalinga Prasada Rao became the Secretary & Correspondent and Sri Gali Subba Rao took charge as Principal-in-Charge. By the sincere efforts of the Staff, Principal & Secretary the strength of the College increased year by year. The college ran with 1000 (One Thousand) Strength and 25 Teachers for morethan one decade. The present strength of the College in the year 2004-05 was 725. The College has Pakka Buildings, Good Laboratories, Library, an Excellent Auditorium and a good Playground & above all an excellent and senior teaching staff.